Looking for Senior Properties?
50+ Real Estate Resources
REALTORS® who carry the Seniors Real Estate Specialist® (SRES®) designation are specially qualified to address the real estate needs of those age 50+.
SRES® designees recognize that a home often is the largest and most precious asset that baby boomers and seniors have.
Thus, SRES® designees bring a unique approach to each transaction and interaction with clients. They not only offer a deep knowledge of real estate and the local and economic issues shaping market trends, but they’re also educated on issues of particular concern to aged 50+ clients.
What Does it Mean to Me?
As a designated SRES®, I am experienced and knowledgeable in meeting your specific needs and that can make all the difference in the world.
As we age, we demand specialists in our health needs, so why not in our housing and equity needs as well? An SRES® brings:
- A customized approach to your situation, working to fit your living situation in with your overall life plan
- Expertise and patience throughout the transaction
- An awareness of options and a network of solid, reliable referrals to help you in the process
- A variety of choices to reduce out of pocket expenses, gain cash, or create or defer income streams to either stay independent or obtain financial assistance
Reviewing Your Current Situation
Nearly everyone wishes to age in place as they grow older. But often, the spacious family house becomes too burdensome, financially and physically, to maintain for individuals over 50.
Trying to determine your next step?
It can entail a complex set of decisions relating to finances, ideal over 50 housing locations and property types, as well as anticipating future needs as you or your loved ones age.
As an SRES® I can consult with you to review your current housing situation and outline the topics to weigh as you consider your next move. I also provide pertinent information on 50+ housing trends, financing and market conditions.
Together we can develop a team of experts and advisors to help you with every step while you’re exploring your options and determining the very best place to call home.
Planning Ahead for Life Transitions
I help clients and customers plan ahead for life transitions. I will work with you and educate you on:
- Key differences in housing options, from age-restricted communities to age-in-place design to assisted living
- Applications of the Housing for Older Persons Act (HOPA)
- Ins and outs of reverse mortgages
- How to use pensions, 401k accounts, and IRAs in real estate transactions
- Ways in which Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security affect real estate decisions of clients and customers who are 50+
- How to recognize and protect their clients from mortgage finance and loan schemes and scams that target 50+ borrowers